Publisher Website Redesign, 2009
I contributed to the concept and design of various products under the YDN umbrella. Projects included the recent website redesign, creation of a new publisher section, usability and interface improvements to Yahoo Applications (YAP) as well as a new design for the YUI Configurator.
– Led the creation of the Developer Network publisher section targeted to a self-service and novice audience of our products. Defined the user experience, aggregated the content and oversaw the visual design process for a clear entry point into the broad offering.
– Collaborated with designers, developers, product managers and internal stakeholders to expand functionality and improve the overall user experience with the latest redesign of the Yahoo! Developer Network.
– Contributed high quality, detailed UI specifications and advocated for their execution throughout the implementation to advance business objectives and success metrics.
– Developed, evaluated and iterated on a new design for the YUI Configurator to support new use cases, a growing module ecosystem and improve the overall user experience. Worked closely with the product and engineering team to meet user needs and deliver a design that allows users to discover modules, explore features and supports complex configuration.
– Contributed to research studying the social media strategy of technology leaders to inform Yahoo!’s social product platform
– Designed and revised interfaces to support 3rd-party experiences, like social gaming on various Yahoo! products
– Participated in usability testing for new product features.